- Common Name : Apefly
- Scientific Name : Spalgis epeus (Wd)
- Family : LYCAENIDAE
- Wingspan : 20-30mm
- Colour : Upper side is dull brown with white diffused or well-defined white patch.
- Habit : It is the only known species of butterfly in Sri Lanka that is carnivorous. The eggs are laid in close proximity to colonies of mealy bugs. Soon after hatching, the larvae move into mealy bug colonies and feed on them. Fairly fast and erratic flight, occupies mid level canopy, settles with wings closed.
- Larval Host Plants : Murraya koenigii, Euphorbiaceae plants
- Location : Throughout West Bengal