- Common Name : Chocolate Albatross
- Scientific Name : Appias lyncida (Boisduval)
- Family : PIERIDAE
- Wingspan : 55-70mm
- Colour : Male is white on the upperside with black or chocolate-brown margins. On the underside it is bright lemon yellow with chocolate-brown margins.
- Habit : Males are fond of flowers, flies close to ground, remains generally in the undergrowth and bushes. Seen basking early in the morning, but very wary. Males also visit damp patches and also seen drinking at streams. Found in forested areas of North Bengal plains.
- Larval Host Plants : Crateva religiosa, Capparis cleghornii
- Location : Throughout West Bengal