- Common Name : Common Birdwing
- Scientific Name : Troides helena (C. & R. Felder)
- Family : PAPILIONIDAE
- Wingspan : 140-190mm
- Colour : Large black and golden yellow butterfly. Upperside of forewings are rich velvety black.
- Habit : It is the most beautiful and largest butterfly found in India. Seen in heavily forested valleys, both sexes visit flowers, they feed early in the mornings and late in the evenings. During the rest of the day fly lazily above tops of the trees. It is a butterfly, often found in the wildlife trade due to its popularity with butterfly collectors. The butterfly has seventeen subspecies. It is listed in Appendix II of CITES.
- Larval Host Plants : Aristolochia griffithi, Aristolochia tagala, Thottea seliquosa.
- Location : North Bengal