- Common Name : Common Gull
- Scientific Name : Cepora nerissa (Fabricius)
- Family : PIERIDAE
- Wingspan : 40-65mm
- Colour : Upper part white with black border from apex narrowing towards tornus. Under surface is pale yellow to bright yellow with darkened veins.
- Habit : Flies close to ground, flight is strong and fast. Visit flowers, particularly of Tridax procumbens, Alternanthera sp., Lantana camara etc. Often basks on prominent leaf or exposed bush.
- Larval Host Plants : Capparis sepiaria, Capparis aphylla
- Location : Throughout West Bengal