- Common Name : Common Jay
- Scientific Name : Graphium doson (C. Felder and R. Felder)
- Family : PAPILIONIDAE
- Wingspan : 70-80mm
- Colour : Black butterfly with a pale blue, semi-transparent central band that is formed by large spots.
- Habit : Active throughout the day. Swift and straight flight. Keeps its wings vibrating while feeding from flowers, never fully settling on flowers. Males gather at mud-puddling sites.
- Larval Host Plants : Magnolia grandiflora, Michaelia champaka, Abelmoschus sp., Polyalthia longifolia
- Location : Throughout West Bengal