- Common Name : Common Mormon
- Scientific Name : Papilio polytes (Linnaeus)
- Family : PAPILIONIDAE
- Wingspan : 90-100mm
- Colour : Dark blackish-brown with a row of white spots along the central region of the hind wing.
- Habit : Very common butterfly of South-West Bengal. Feeds on nectar and also visits wet patches of soil. Around human habitations its favourite nectar sources are flowers of Lantana, Jatropha, Mussaenda and Ixora.
- Larval Host Plants : Aegle marmelos, Citrus lemon, Citrus grandis, Murraya koenigii, Glycosmis arborea
- Location : Throughout West Bengal