- Common Name : Common Redeye
- Scientific Name : Matapa aria (Moore)
- Family : HESPERIIDAE
- Wingspan : 40-55mm
- Colour : Dark buff brown skipper, distinguished by its blood-red eyes.
- Habit : Rapid flier, dweller of bamboo forest, seen flying or basking during early mornings and at dusk along forest paths. Otherwise remains hidden among bamboo thickets. Occasionally visits flowers.Seen on the wing just before and during monsoon. Recorded in lower elevation (Chuikhim, Elbong) of 500m.
- Larval Host Plants : Bambusa arundinacea
- Location : Throughout West Bengal