- Common Name : Common Rose
- Scientific Name : Pachliopta aristolochiae (Fabricius)
- Family : PAPILIONIDAE
- Wingspan : 80-110mm
- Colour : Black butterfly with a crimson body. There is a large white area on the hind wings. A series of deep red or brownish-red spots are present on the outer margin of the hind wings.
- Habit : A common visitor of garden flowers. More frequent during and after the rains. Can be seen basking near tree-tops in the early morning with wings spread out. Fond of flowers, especially Lantana, Cosmos, Zinnia etc.
- Larval Host Plants : Aristolochia bracteolata, Aristolochia indica, Aristolochia tagala
- Location : Throughout West Bengal