- Common Name : Crimson Rose
- Scientific Name : Pachliopta hector (Linnaeus)
- Family : PAPILIONIDAE
- Wingspan : 90-110mm
- Colour : Large, glossy, black butterfly with two broad white bands on the fore wings. The tailed hind wings have bright crimson spots.
- Habit : It has slow, fluttering but steady flight. Flies at a greater height from the ground. The flowers of Lantana is its favourite nectar plant. Basks with its wings spread flat; Nerium odorum, Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, Caesalpinia pulcherrima, Bougainvillea spectabilis are some of its favourite nectar source plants.
- Larval Host Plants : Aristolochia bracteolate, Aristolochia indica, Thottea siliquosa
- Location : Throughout West Bengal