- Common Name : Danaid Eggfly
- Scientific Name : Hypolimnas misippus (Linnaeus)
- Family : NYMPHALIDAE
- Wingspan : 70-85mm
- Colour : Male - black with blue shot, sharply defined oval discal spots. Female - tawny with the apex of forewing coloured black and with a white band.
- Habit : The female is an excellent mimic of the Plain Tiger in appearance and behaviour. They are shy and found mostly near food plants. Males are found in open areas, forest clearings and paths. They show high site-fidelity; feed exclusively on nectar, the widespread Lantana camara being a common source.
- Larval Host Plants : Portulaca oleracea, Asystacia Lawiana, Abelmoschus sp., Barleria cristata., Hibiscus sp. etc.
- Location : Throughout West Bengal