- Common Name : Great Eggfly
- Scientific Name : Hypolimnas bolina (Linnaeus)
- Family : NYMPHALIDAE
- Wingspan : 70-110mm
- Colour : The iridescent, bluish white, egg shaped markings on the upperwing surface make the male of this species a handsome insect.
- Habit : Found in open areas, forest clearings and paths. The male is highly territorial and patrols to and fro, chasing away any butterfly that comes into his territory.
- Larval Host Plants : Portulaca oleracea, Abelmoschus sp., Barleria sp., Sida rhombifolia, Hibiscus sp. etc.
- Location : Throughout West Bengal