- Common Name : Great Mormon
- Scientific Name : Princeps memnon (Linnaeus)
- Family : PAPILIONIDAE
- Wingspan : 120-150mm
- Colour : Male black with blue scaling; It has as many as four male and nine female forms.
- Habit : This butterfly is found in forest clearings. It is fond of visiting flowers of Poinsettia, Jasminum, Lantana, Canna and Salvia. It usually flies 2 to 4 meters above the ground. The butterfly is known to mud-puddle. The males are much commoner than females.
- Larval Host Plants : Citrus sp., Fortunella sp., Paramignya scandens
- Location : Throughout West Bengal