Indian Cabbage White
- Common Name : Indian Cabbage White
- Scientific Name : Pieris canidia (Evans)
- Family : PIERIDAE
- Wingspan : 45-60mm
- Colour : White with black markings and a large black spot present in the outer half of the fore wings. The underside is dirty white.
- Habit : Medium-sized butterfly; flies close to ground and rests with wings closed; visits various flower; it is one of the pests which attacks cabbage. Common in more open areas, particularly around human habitations and cultivated fields.
- Larval Host Plants : Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) & Cauliflower etc.
- Location : Throughout West Bengal