- Common Name : Indian Skipper
- Scientific Name : Spialia galba (Fabricius)
- Family : HESPERIIDAE
- Wingspan : 24-27mm
- Colour : Identified by its unique pattern of black and white spots and its small size. Upper side of its wings is black or dark brown. The underside is whitish. The wings have a chequered fringe. Both sexes are identical.
- Habit : Keeps very close to ground. Flies very smoothly and swiftly. Fond of flowers. May be seen basking during daytime with its wings half open.
- Larval Host Plants : Tridax procumbens, Bidens sp., Sida rhombifolia, Waltheria indica, Hibiscus sp.
- Location : Throughout West Bengal