- Common Name : Peacock Pansy
- Scientific Name : Junonia almana (Linnaeus)
- Family : NYMPHALIDAE
- Wingspan : 60-65mm
- Colour : Coppery yellow with peacock colour at the centre with yellow and black rings around it.
- Habit : One of the commonest and beautiful butterflies of India. Found in open cultivated areas, as well as in the jungle clearings and paths. Behaviour is highly territorial; chases away any intruder. Visits various flowers like Lantana, Tridax etc.
- Larval Host Plants : Hygrophila auriculata, Barleria sp., Acanthus sp., Gloxinia sp.
- Location : Throughout West Bengal