- Common Name : Red Pierrot
- Scientific Name : Telicada nyseus (Guerin-Meneville)
- Family : LYCAENIDAE
- Wingspan : 30-36mm
- Colour : Black and white with orange hind wing portion.
- Habit : The Red Pierrot is not a common butterfly, but it is abundant around its larval host plant- Kalanchoe. Weak flier, flutters feebly within a metre from the ground, active throughout the year, basks with its wings half-spread.
- Larval Host Plants : Kalanchoe lacniata, K. pinnata etc.
- Location : Throughout West Bengal