- Common Name : Tawny Coster
- Scientific Name : Acraea violae (Fabricius)
- Family : NYMPHALIDAE
- Wingspan : 50-65mm
- Colour : Tawny-orange, with black cell streaks and darkened veins.
- Habit : Common throughout India. It is a frequent visitor to gardens where it can be seen fluttering from flower to flower. Birds and lizards ignore this slow-flying butterfly, for even slighest touch brings forth an oily, smelly liquid from its glands
- Larval Host Plants : Passiflora foetida, Passiflora edulis, Passiflora subpeltata etc.
- Location : Throughout West Bengal