- Common Name : Tawny Rajah
- Scientific Name : Charaxes polyxena (Fd.)
- Family : NYMPHALIDAE
- Wingspan : 80-100mm
- Colour : Upperside tawny or chestnut, underside purple brown or orange coloured.
- Habit : One of the most impressive insects with powerful flight, exceeding 60km/hr. Male always hovers among tree tops and comes readily to rotten organic materials like dead crabs. Both sexes come to fermenting fruits. When resting they sit with their wings closed and resemble a dry leaf.
- Larval Host Plants : Saccopetalum tomentosum, Tamarindus indicus etc.
- Location : North Bengal