- Common Name : White Orangetip
- Scientific Name : Ixias marianne (Cramer)
- Family : PIERIDAE
- Wingspan : 50-55mm
- Colour : White above, the apical half of the forewing is orange, surrounded by a black border.
- Habit : Very active butterfly. Flies nearer to couple of feet above the ground. Flies incessantly, meandering in and out of thorny scrub in search of mates or nectar. Less common than the closely allied Yellow Orangetip.
- Larval Host Plants : Capparis grandis, C. sepiaria, C. deciduas
- Location : Throughout West Bengal